Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

WTF.

Okay. I never mentioned this before, but people are acting weird. And by that, I mean for a while. For weeks, even. Akihiko's limping all over creation as if he's wounded somewhere, yet no matter how many times you ask him why, he goes and puts up his cool exterior and says he's fine. And I've mastered that! So Sadako is skeptical.

Maemi seems a bit antsy, too. I asked her in thinking maybe she would know, but I don't get anything from her. Or anyone. See, I work at a small cafe inside of Paulownia Mall, and I'd say... what, on the 19th or so, I saw those juniors from the train come in. Yukari Takeba and Shokora Akemi, as they soon told me. I, as courtesy would have it of course, introduced myself to them, too, and asked them about Akihiko's condition. Because, really, you don't limp around a school full of rumor-happy kids and expect no one to ask questions. Still, I got nothing from them, either, except that it must have been 'boxing.'

Boxing, my ass. Akihiko is reckless, but he's pretty hardcore about his boxing. He wouldn't be so careless. ...Why would I know that? He only talks about it all the time.

I gave up soon, though, figuring it was pointless. Given today was a Friday, I attended Student Council as Odagiri-san had invited me to just yesterday, and I would just like to say, openly, that today was freaking weird. Not only did Kirijo-san allow Arisato to leave without any words from him, but Fushimi-san -- a shy sophomore girl who could hardly speak two words without sticking a nice 'um' in between -- mentioned rumors of a cigarette butt in the boy's bathroom. Now, why does that not surprise me? Maybe because teenagers are dumbasses, or because they like to test the rules or maybe they just plain like being high and doing stupid shit. Like I would know or care. Just really? At the school?

Odagiri-san didn't take this lightly at all, though I admit it was pretty serious business. He looked distracted the entire meeting. No one agreed with him and all told him to stop himself from jumping to conclusions about whoever the hell was stupid enough to light up in a school bathroom. I might never admit to it, but part of me wanted to agree with him almost. In all honesty, the people they mentioned did seem a little suspicious.

But hey! I'm always a voice of reason. I calmed everyone's concerns and posed a solution that seemed to fit everyone's needs at the time. I know, I know, I'm awesome. You don't have to tell me.
...Kidding. I honestly am not that full of myself. Wow.

All in all, I think I could say today went well. And, on another note, I'm still going to find out what happened to Akihiko. :| I'm going to figure it out one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment